Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Im a begginer hunting hunting deer, squrriel, and rabbit. What gun should I buy?

Only a shotgun has the capability of a wide variations of cartridges to hunt all the animals you asked about....





Game loads like these Remington Game Load can take the Squirrel's and Rabbit's......





http://www.remington.com/products/ammuni鈥?/a>





And slugs can be used on deer......





http://www.remington.com/products/ammuni鈥?/a>








Keep in mind no one gun can do it all.... The shotgun is great for closer ranges and can hit a wide variety of game....





Rifles have more long range reach but you cant use a deer rifle on a rabbit... Its too powerful.....





Either get a shotgun or 2 rifles. One high power rifle for deer and a lower power rifle like a .22 or .17HMR for small game......





The Remington 870 is an excellent choice.......








http://www.remington.com/products/firear鈥?/a>


Im a begginer hunting hunting deer, squrriel, and rabbit. What gun should I buy?
If you don't have a lot of money or don't want to buy a lot of guns, go with the .410 gauge. Yea, go ahead and laugh people, but the .410 has and still does kill deer. This gun is a great all around survival gun. Taking squirrels and rabbits is no issue either. My first year, first day deer hunting, I shot a 10 point buck with my .410 single shot. I have also shot many rabbits and squirrels with it, even pheasant. Good luck! Im a begginer hunting hunting deer, squrriel, and rabbit. What gun should I buy?
For deer, I would suggest getting a .243 rifle (maybe a bolt action). I have a .243 bolt action and the kick isn't that bad. Also, I prefer a bolt action over a semi-auto because their a lot easier to clean.





And for squirrel and rabbit, I would suggest getting a 20 ga. Semi-auto, Pump, Over/under or Side-by-side depends on your preference and how much your willing to pay.
I can help you with a rabbit rifle: the Crosman Rabbit Stopper .22 cal. CO2 Air Rifle. Here are its features:





鈥?Power Source: CO2


鈥?Calibre: .22 (5.5 mm)


鈥?Max Velocity: up to 600 fps (183 m/s)


鈥?Capacity: Single shot


鈥?Length: 39.75鈥?(101 cm)


鈥?Weight: 4 lbs. 12 oz. (2.15 kg.)


鈥?Material: Barrel: Rifled steel, Stock: American hardwood





I have it and I can assure you that it will kill a rabbit at 35 yards with no problems. However, I don't know if it is suitable for deer hunting. For squirrel I think it will do just fine.





Hope this helps.
Honestly, I would suggest the 12 gage shotgun if you are only wanting to purchase one right now. It was my first gun I had bought to hunt with and you can hunt everything you had listed with this one gun. I would later purchase a .22 cal in order to get the squirrel with one shot instead of multiple shots as you would in a shotgun shell. There is a lot less meat to work with on a squirrel.
You need at least two. A bolt action .243 for deer (some will say you need a 30-06, but the .243 is very effective with less recoil), and a 20 gauge for rabbits and squirrels. A 12 gauge would work for those as well, as would a .22 in some cases.


You can do this with one gun, such as the one at the link below, but it wouldn't be the best gun for any of these game animals.
i started hunting about ten years ago and i hunt deer, elk, duck, and squirrel. i have tried many different guns but for u i would do this...





for the deer get a .223, .270, or . 280. these can get a little pricey but they are well built and have pretty good accuracy.





for squirrel and other small game i would get a .410 shotgun or a .22. a 12Gauge would work to but it blows the squirrels up! i have a Remingtonn .410/.22 and love it!! its never let me down. when i say .410/.22 i mean the barrels are interchangeable. i got it at a walmart.





hope this helps and good luck!!
I would suggest a Marlin 336 30-30 or Remington 700 .308 for deer, and either a Ruger 10/22 or Marlin Model 60 .22 LR for small game.





There are very few options** that would cover all of the game you want to hunt, one that would is the Savage 24V 30-30/20ga





**Outside of buying a 12ga and using slugs for deer.
U need a diff gun for the deer than the little game. I use a .273 winchester or a 30-06 for deer. For the small game, I'd use a shotgun of a 22 with birdshot.
For squirrel and rabbbit with a beginning hunter I recommend a shotgun such as a 20 guage.For deer I shoot a .270 but there are several good deer rifles.
just a basic bolt action .243 from remington for your deer hunting and a remington 870 express 20 guage for the other two
30-30 is good for deer, but will blow up squirrels and rabbits so i suggest a .22
20 GA shotgun to start with - it's your best weapon to get all three
  • amortization
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment